DISQUS is a global comment system that improves discussion on websites and has many other features. The EXT:ns_disqus_comments extension will help you to integrate DISQUS comments plugin into your website. Our extension will integrate DISQUS comments section on TYPO3 pages
What it is?
DISQUS is a global comment system that improves discussion on websites and has many other features.
The EXT:ns_disqus_comments extension will help you to integrate DISQUS comments plugin into your website. Our extension will integrate DISQUS comments section on TYPO3 pages (you can easily enable or disable comments block on your pages).
DISQUS comments section allows users to comment your pages by using their favorite Social Network (Facebook, Twitter or Google), easy get notifications about new answers, share messages and a lot of more.
Key features of ns_disqus_comments extension:
- Simple one-click installation that seamlessly integrates with TYPO3 without ever needing to edit a single line of code or losing any of your existing comments
- Keep users engaged on your site longer with a commenting experience that readers love
- Bring users back to your site with web and email notifications and personalized digests
- Comment text formatting (e.g. bold, link, italics, quote)
- Threaded comment display with nesting and ability to collapse individual threads
- Sort discussion by oldest, newest, and best comments
- Flexible login options – Social login with Facebook, Twitter, and Google, SSO, and guest commenting support
1. Front-end view after plug-in installation
2. Overview of extension
3. Back-end view after plug-in installation
3.1 Get the extension via composer
Using the command line
composer require nitsan/ns-disqus-comments
3.2 Get the extension
Step 1: Switch to the module “Extension Manager”.
Step 2: Get the extension
- Get it from the Extension Manager: Press the “Retrieve/Update” button and search for the extension key 'ns_disqus_comments' and import the extension from the repository.
- Get it from typo3.org: You can always get the current version from extensions.typo3.org/extension/ns_disqus_comments/ by downloading either the t3x or zip version. Upload the file afterward in the Extension Manager.
Step 3: Install the extension
3.3 Activate the TypoScript
The extension ships some static TypoScript code which needs to be included.
Step 1: Go to Template Module.
Step 2: Switch to the Root page.
Step 3: Select Info/Modify option from the drop-down.
Step 4: Click on Edit the whole template record button.
Step 1: Go to Template
Step 2: Select root page
Step 3: Select Constant Editor >PLUGIN.TX_NSDISQUSCOMMENTS (4)
Step 4: Now, you can configure all the options which you want eg., Disqus comments short Name. See below screenshot
3.5 How to get Shortname?
Step 1: Go to https://disqus.com
Step 2: Navigate to Admin page.
Step 3: Create a site on Disqus.
Step 4: Go to the Settings of your Disqus site.
Step 5: Switch to the General Settings tab. There you would find the short name for your website.
Step 6: Set this Shortname at TYPO3 constant editor, Check below screenshot.
3.6 Add Disqus Comments Plugin
Step 1: Go to the page where you want to add Disqus comments
Step 2: Click on the Add new element button. Select [NITSAN] Disqus Comment element from the Plugin tab.
Step 3: Save the Plugin. The Disqus element will be displayed in front-end.
4. Cache clearing
In case you encounter any issues or not working, then please use the buttons ‘Flush frontend caches’ and ‘Flush general caches’ from the top panel. The ‘Clear cache’ function of the install tool will also work perfectly.
Support: You could report any issues/problems at Github - https://github.com/nitsan-technologies/ns_cookiebot/issues
Contact Email: sanjay(at)nitsan.in
Feedback & Suggestions
Just download & try our ns_cookiebot extension. You can write down your feedback/suggestion/comments to below comment box and help us to do better!