Do you want to smoothly integrate comment feature in your favorite News extension? In this extension, there are features like post comment, reply to comment, multi-level comment thread, moderation etc., Know more from extension manual.
It is an extension that facilitates visitor to post comment on a specific news, answer to the comments. Comments are the ideal way to deal and stay in touch with your visitors and adherences.
And this Comments extension will help your visitors to post a comments on news.
TYPO3 comment plugin for EXT:news is very easy to use, before we tell you the installation process of adding comments to your news page lets have a look at its rich features:
- Based on extbase & fluid.
- Easy to use.
- User can post comments on news.
- Captcha Verification.
- AJAX form submit.
- Responsive comments form and comment threads design.
- Multi-level (nested) comment threads
- Manage Comments from TYPO3 Backend
- Comment Approval by site Admin.
- Send notification to site admin by posting a new comment.
- Compatibiltiy from TYPO3 6.x to 9.x
- [TASK] Added feature that allows fe_users to directly add the comments (without asking Name and Email).
Warning : A quote about EXT:ns_news_comments: News comment extension going to be placed on detail page of the News. So, It is highly recommended to integrate News System Extension first. And configure this extension at News Detail page only.
News comment form
News comment listing
News comment reply form
3.1 Get extension via composer
Using the command line
composer require nitsan/ns-news-comments:dev-master
3.2 Get the extension
Step 1: Switch to the module “Extension Manager”.
Step 2: Get the extension.
- Get it from the Extension Manager: Press the “Retrieve/Update” button and search for the extension key 'ns_news_comments' and import the extension from the repository.
- Get it from typo3.org: You can always get current version from https://extensions.typo3.org/extension/ns_news_comments/ by downloading either the t3x or zip version. Upload the file afterwards in the Extension Manager.
Step 3: Now install the Extension.
3.3 Activate the TypoScript
The extension ships some TypoScript code which needs to be included.
Step 1: Go to Template Module.
Step 2: Switch to Root page.
Step 3: Select Info/Modify option from drop-down.
Step 4: Click on Edit the whole template record button.
Step 5: Switch to Includes tab and add News Comment (ns_news_comment) extension to Selected Items list in Include static (from extensions): section
Step 1: Configure Extension Constants.
Step 1.1: Switch to the root page of your site.
Step 1.2: Switch to the Template module.
Step 1.3: Select Constant Editor from drop-down.
Step 1.4: Select Category - PLUGIN.TX_NSNEWSCOMMENTS (12)
Step 1.5: Configure all the fields.
Step 2: Configure Plugin.
Configure Plugins as per your requirements.
Step 3: Enable Captcha
If you want to use captcha in your site than you should enable .htaccess file which is placed in Private folder of this extension.
3.5 News Comment Listing At Backend
Step 1: Go to module “News Administration”.
Step 2: Go to News Storage folder/page.
Step 3: Edit any News Record.
Step 4: Switch to Comments tab.
Step 5: Check all the comments for the current News.
Please use the buttons Flush frontend caches and Flush general caches from the top panel. The Clear cache function of the install tool will also work perfectly.
[TASK] Added feature that allows fe_users to directly add the comments (without asking Name and Email).
Step 1: Backend Configuration of fe_user
Step 2: Frontend User of fe_user
- Support: You could report any issues/problems at Github - https://github.com/nitsan-technologies/ns_news_comments/issues
- Website: http://www.nitsan.in/ | http://www.itug.in/
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- TYPO3 Developer: Bhavin Barad
- Frontend Integrator: Mehul Nimavat
- QA Tester: Siddharth Sheth
Just download & try the EXT:ns_news_comments extension. You can write down your feedback/suggestion/comments to below comment box. So, we will adapt it for next version of EXT:ns_news_comments.
Have a Happy Comments :)