Nowadays the business showcasing scene rotates around social media. Business seems incomplete without a Twitter page. Using key tools and important features that Twitter provides us enables organizations to stay on top of trends and prevalent regarding what the market is keen on.
Key features of ns_twitter extension:
- Twitter Tweets By Twitter API
- Control Layout
- Twitter Tweets Widget
- Widget Customization Settings
- Widget Title
- Set Widget Height
- Tweets URL Link Color Option
- Single Tweet
- Profile Timeline
- list Timeline
The extension needs to be installed as any other extension of TYPO3 CMS:
3.1 Get the extension via composer
Using the command line
composer require nitsan/ns-twitter:dev-master
3.2 Get the extension
Step 1: Switch to the module “Extension Manager”.
Step 2: Get the extension-
- Get it from the Extension Manager: Press the “Retrieve/Update” button and search for the extension key 'ns_twitter' and import the extension from the repository.
- Get it from typo3.org: You can always get current version from https://extensions.typo3.org/extension/ns_twitter/ by downloading either the t3x or zip version. Upload the file afterwards in the Extension Manager.
Step 3: Now install the Extension.
3.3 Activate the TypoScript
The extension ships some TypoScript code which needs to be included.
Step 1: Go to Template Module.
Step 2: Switch to Root page.
Step 3: Select Info/Modify option from drop-down.
Step 4: Click on Edit the whole template record button.
Step 5: Switch to Includes tab.
Step 6: Search for Extension and after search click on extension name.
Verify that your selected extension move to the selected items.
To activate the Twitter service for your TYPO3 site:
Step 1: Sign Up with your twitter account details over here apps.twitter.com.
Step 2: After Sign Up to your account Create New App.
Step 3: Click to Create Your Twitter application.
Step 4: Now you will get keys from this tab Keys and Access Tokens, Just note it down to setup at our TYPO3 extension.
Quick & Easy Configuration in this TYPO3 extension:
Step 1: Switch to the Extension module.
Step 2: Select the installed extension option.
Step 3: Search for plugin and Click on Actions.
Step 4: Now configure the required Keys.
Step 5: Add Plugin to your page where you want to show your tweets.
Step 5.1: Switch to Page Module.
Step 5.2: Open the page where you want to add this plugin and click on Add content.
Step 5.3: Shift to Plugin Tab.
Step 5.4: Now click on Recent Tweets.
Step 6: Configure it as per your requirements.
Please, clear cache from top panel 'Flush frontend caches' & 'Flush general caches'. It will be also great to clear cache from Install tool too.
- Support: You could report any issues/problems at Github - https://github.com/nitsan-technologies/ns_twitter/issues
- Website: http://www.nitsan.in/ | http://www.itug.in/
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Just download & try the EXT:ns_twitter extension. You can write down your feedback/suggestion/comments to below comment box. So, we will adapt it for next version of EXT:ns_twitter.
Now, It's time to display all your awesome tweets at your great TYPO3 site.