[T3EXT DAY] TYPO3 Plugin for Youtube
[T3EXT DAY] TYPO3 Plugin for Youtube
What it is ?
It is the only TYPO3 extension that adds Youtube functionality to your site.
So now embedding youtube videos to your TYPO3 site has been made as simple as copy paste !
Now you can display your Youtube videos in your TYPO3 site in video box and visitors can watch the video specifically on the page without being redirected to www.Youtube.com .
So, what does it cost you to include a video box showing a video from youtube to your site?
Well nothing- It's free !!
This extension facilitates video on your servers and utilizes the transfer speed !
Isn't this a great deal :)
What does it do?
It is the only TYPO3 extension which facilitates to integrate all the features of Youtube like Simple Video, managing Channel,managing Playlist, Live-streaming, like,subscribe etc to your TYPO3 site.
Key features of EX:ns_youtube are:
- video integration
- Show Playlist
- Show Channel
- Manage Playlist
- Manage Channel
- Gallery View
- Live-stream videos
- Easy video box
- Flexibile backend configuration
- Industrial Technical Standards (Extbase/Fluid, Hooks etc.,)
- Compatible from TYPO3 6.x to 9.x
The article in detail further contains:
1. Front-end view after plug-in installation (with detailed screenshots)
2. Back-end view after plug-in installation (with detailed screenshots)
3. Overview of extension
|Extension Key:||ns_youtube for TYPO3|
|TYPO3 version:||(6.0.0 - 9.5.99)|
4. How to Install/use extension step by step (with detailed screenshots)
Just install this extension the usual way like any other TYPO3 extension.
4.1. Get extension via Composer
Using the command line
composer require nitsan/ns-youtube:dev-master
4.2: Get the extension
In the TYPO3 backend you can use the extension manager (EM).
Step 1: Switch to the module “Extension”
Step 2: Get the extension
- Get it from the Extension Manager: Press the “Retrieve/Update” button and search for the extension key ns_snow and import the extension from the repository.
- Get it from typo3.org: You can always get the current version from https://extensions.typo3.org/extension/ns_youtube/ by downloading either the t3x or zip version. Upload the file afterwards in the Extension Manager.
Step 3: Install the extension
4.3: Activate the TypoScript
The extension ships some static TypoScript code which needs to be included.
Step 1: Go to Template Module
Step 2: Switch to Root page
Step 3: Select Info/Modify option from drop-down
Step 4: Click on Edit the whole template record button
Step 5: Switch to Includes tab and add [NITSAN] Snow (ns_snow) extension to Selected Items list in Include static (from extensions): section
Step 1: Add Youtube API key
Step 1.1: Switch to the root page of your site.
Step 1.2: Switch to the Template module.
Step 1.3: Select Constant Editor from drop-down.
Step 1.4: Select Category = PLUGIN.TX_NSYOUTUBE (5)
Step 1.5: Generate API key from this URL: https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/getting-started and set it in API Key Constant
Step 2: Configure Constants
Configure extension constants as per your requirements.
Step 3: Add Plugin To Page
Add this great plugin to the page where you want to show your youtube videos and configure this plugin as per your requirement.
4.5 Cache clearing
Please use the buttons Flush frontend caches and Flush general caches from the top panel. The Clear cache function of the install tool will also work perfectly.
- Support: You could report any issues/problems at Github - https://github.com/nitsan-technologies/ns_youtube/issues
- Website: http://www.nitsan.in/ | http://www.itug.in/
- Contact Email: email@example.com
Feedback & Suggestions:
Just download & try the EXT:ns_youtube extension. You can write down your feedback/suggestion/comments to below comment box. So, we will adapt it for next version of EXT:ns_youtube.
Now, Expand your business by showing your youtube videos to your customers from TYPO3 site :)