Cookiebot.com TYPO3 GDPR/EPR Compliant
Cookiebot.com TYPO3 GDPR/EPR Compliant
What it is?
To support publishers, technology vendors and advertisers in meeting the transparency and user consent requirements of the GDPR and ePrivacy Directive, NITSAN has designed an extension NS_Cookiebot in TYPO3 CMS to integrate one of the most popular cookiebot.com
Key features of ns_cookiebot extension:
- A highly customizable consent banner to handle user consents and give the users the required possibility to opt-in and -out of cookie categories.
- Full monthly scans to detect all tracking in place on the website as well as detection of where data is being sent to and where in the source code the cookie can be found.
- A scanner that detects various online trackers such as Cookies, HTML5 Local Storage, Flash Local Shared Object, Silverlight Isolated Storage, IndexedDB, ultrasound beacons, pixel tags etc.
- An easy way to allow the users to change or withdraw their consent.
- Translations for 44 languages and the ability to change the text on the banner and declaration for any language.
- Storage of user-consents in our cloud-driven environment, which are downloadable and can be used as proof.
- Execution of cookie-setting scripts without a page reload, if the user gives consent.
What does it do?
NS_CookieBot facilitates the website holder by displaying a cookie statement bar at every page of the website till the visitor accepts it.
Installing CookieBot on a TYPO3 site is now made very easy. You do not need to change the source code of your template, cookie statements can be quickly and easily placed on your site.
1. Front-end view after plug-in installation
2. Overview of extension
3. Back-end view after plug-in installation
3.1 Get the extension via composer
Using the command line
composer req nitsan/ns-cookiebot
3.2 Get the extension
Step 1: Switch to the module “Extension Manager”.
Step 2: Get the extension
Get it from the Extension Manager: Press the “Retrieve/Update” button and search for the extension key 'ns_cookiebot' and import the extension from the repository.
Get it from typo3.org: You can always get the current version from https://extensions.typo3.org/extension/ns_cookiebot/ by downloading either the t3x or zip version. Upload the file afterward in the Extension Manager.
Step 3: Install the extension
3.3 Activate the TypoScript
The extension ships some static TypoScript code which needs to be included.
Step 1: Go to Template Module.
Step 2: Switch to the Root page.
Step 3: Select Info/Modify option from the drop-down.
Step 4: Click on Edit the whole template record button.
Step 5: Switch to Includes tab and add [NITSAN] Cookiebot (ns_cookiebot) extension to Selected Items list in Include static (from extensions) section
How to get Domain Group ID?
Step 1: Go to https://www.cookiebot.com/en/ and Login.
Step 2: Navigate to Domain Tab. Add Domain by clicking on “+” button.
Step 3: Navigate to Dialog tab. Set Template of cookiebar. You can also configure other settings like Method, Page scroll, Type, Checkboxes default mode, etc.
Step 4: Go to the Content tab. Set the content to display in Cookies introduction text for all selected Cookies categories.
Step 5: Switch to Your scripts tab. There you would find the Domain Group ID for your domain.
Step 6: Set this Domain Group ID at TYPO3 constant editor, Check below screenshot.
4. Cache clearing
In case you encounter any issues or not working, then please use the buttons ‘Flush frontend caches’ and ‘Flush general caches’ from the top panel. The ‘Clear cache’ function of the install tool will also work perfectly.
Support: You could report any issues/problems at Github - https://github.com/nitsan-technologies/ns_cookiebot/issues
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback & Suggestions
Just download & try our ns_cookiebot extension. You can write down your feedback/suggestion/comments to below comment box and help us to do better!